Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy 2nd Annual Bestie Day!

So according to the interwebs (and my altar ego Zooey Deschanel) today is Bestie Day.  Never heard of this lovely excuse to celebrate the family you choose for yourself...well read more about that here.


My two favorite people on the planet Hannah and Jules made a recent visit on a super secret stealth mission orchestrated by my husband to surprise me on my birthday.

Best. Birthday. Surprise. EVER!

You see we live scattered about the good old US of A.  But when reunited, our crazy reaches an all time high (I really do feel for the men in our lives) and general hilarity ensues.  Here are a few photos to prove it:


My wedding 2006

College buddies Ryan and Becky's wedding 2007

DC family reunion 2008

Jules' wedding 2009

Impromptu New York trip 2011

Notice the creative genius that is the variation on a theme.  Perhaps my very favorite picture of the three of us, is hardly a picture of the three of us at all, but the absolute most telling image of our friendship, personalities, and our glaring inability to take a decent self-portrait.  

My Besties...I LOVE you!
These two girls complete all my missing pieces.  We've been through a good deal of life together and I love them more than I could possibly say (without openly weeping).  Not a day goes by that I don't stop to reflect how awesome this world would be if we all lived in the same place again...of course I'm not sure the  Universe is ready for that kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment